How HR Can Make or Break Your M&A Deal
Tuesday, June 9, 2020
University of Tampa, Daly Innovation & Collaboration Building
8th Floor – Lowth Entrepreneurship Center
820 W North A St 8th Floor
Tampa, FL 33629
Cost: $40 Members & $60 Non-Members
What is HR’s role in an M&A? Being prepared and proactive. HR, in partnership with their business leaders, has a tremendous opportunity to step up and influence the ultimate success of a transaction. This chapter event will uncover how HR is to:
- Serve as a trusted adviser to executives and the deal team.
- Be the HR/people subject-matter expert.
- Provide timely and actionable input before, during and after the deal.
- Help shape the post-close organization.
- Manage the intense flow of information and related employee anxiety.
Silvana Capaldi, Founding Chair, Ispirare Group
Christopher Swink, CEPA®, Advisory Board Chair, BNY Mellon Wealth Management
Jason Baker, Tampa Bay Business & Wealth Magazine
Shannon Brown, Foley & Lardner LPP
Mike Ertel, Transworld Business Advisors
Jami Gold, LCG Advisors
Paul Hays, CPA, Clifton Larson Allen
Thomas McDonnell, Shumaker, Loop, & Kendrick LLP
Jennifer Murphy, Seacoast Bank
Timothy Norstrem, Norstrem Associates
Scott Young, Highpoint CFO
Tampa Bay Chapter Sponsors
Topics of Discussion:
HR roles in an M&A: Being prepared and proactive, HR, in partnership with their business leaders, has a tremendous opportunity to step up and influence the ultimate success of a transaction.
1. Serve as a trusted adviser to executives and the deal team.
2. Be the HR/people subject-matter expert.
3. Provide timely and actionable input before, during, and after the deal.
4. Help shape the post-close organization.
5. Manage the intense flow of information and related employee anxiety.
Moderator & Panelists:
- Darren Veneri, Vice President, Challenger- Gray & Christ - Moderator
- Ann Glackin, Director HR, M&A, - Jabil - Panelists
- Holly Grogan, Chief Human Resource Officer- Enavate - Panelists
- Greg Glass, SVP HR - Kforce - Panelists
Cost for Members: $40 Member | Non-Members: $60 Non-member
- Hosted by Tampa Bay Chapter partner University of Tampa – Speros Margetis, Professor of finance. Teaching responsibilities in New Venture Finance, Global Finance, International Finance, Applied Finance using ERP Systems, Venture Capital and Alternative Investment Strategies.