2016 Thought Leader of the Year Award Nominees
We are very pleased to announce the 2016 Middle Market Thought Leader of the Year Award Nominees. Their hard work has been recognized as providing significant contribution by promoting research and higher standards of excellence in our industry.
We received an abundance of high quality nominees this year, and offer our sincere thanks to all who submitted a nomination for #TLOY2016. We sincerely hope you will join us at this year’s Networking Lunch & Thought Leader of the Year Awards Luncheon on February 2 at 12:00pm.
The five finalists for 2016 Thought Leader of the Year are:
- Kalle Kilpi, Founder, Midaxo, developed an M&A management software that manages M&A deal pipelines, proceed through due diligence and integration activities.
- Kenneth Marks, Founder/Managing Partner, High Rock Partners, Inc, offers a “how to” guide for maximizing the full potential of your business in less than 50 pages in his book “Value Levers."
- Christopher Snider, President/CEO, Exit Planning Institute, empowers business owners and advisors to proactively embrace exit planning as a management and life planning system that enables best-in-class performance in the owner’s financial, business and personal life in his book “Walking to Destiny.”
- Bill Snow, Managing Director, Jordan, Knauff & Company for his articles on “Misconceptions and Realities When Hiring an Investment Banker” and “How to Check an Investment Banker’s References.”
- Richard Zytkowicz, Managing Director, LM+Co adds insightful metrics and a pulse on the market in his report “Middle-Market Investment Banking."
See the 2016 Thought Leader of the Year announced LIVE at the Winter Conference in Las Vegas!
Congratulations to Carl Sheeler for Winning Thought Leader of the Year for 2015!
The Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors® (The Alliance) and BKD, LLP was proud to Announce Carl Sheeler as the Thought Leader of the Year Winner at the 2016 AM&AA Winter Conference in Orlando, FL.
Carl Sheeler, a Managing Director, Global Group Leader of Family Office & Business Strategies, from Berkeley Research Group, LLC, authored "Equity Value Enhancement: A Tool to Leverage Human and Financial Capital While Managing Risk."
The advisory community serves a significant role in not only identifying and measuring risk associated with an operating business as part of the traditional legal and financial due diligence; but to manage the risk and leverage the human capital such that value is not only known, but is created. This work promotes strategic activities for clients who are not accustomed to a holistic approach that places as much focus on human as it does on financial capital; thereby providing the entire gamut of different types of advisors and their clients a road map to elevate intangible assets.
“Every day in the financial and transactional advisory services, we suit up and ‘dare greatly’. There are superstars in every industry. The buyer and seller gets the limelight in ours. But, behind the scenes thousands of hours are expended and spines are often contorted to consummate the ‘deal’. And we thrive on that elusive “yes” between all the “no’s” and “maybe’s” year in and year out. That ‘yes” is our celebrated win. And it is “OUR” win, because we can’t do it alone. Being a cohesive and collaborative team is what Mike Nall and AM&AA are about. My award is OUR win, too. Thank you!” - Carl Sheeler
The full press release can be found here!
About the Award
Yet, the marketplace has primarily focused its attention and resources on businesses at either end of the spectrum: very small, “mom and pop” style businesses or big, multi-billion dollar businesses. While it is a vital part of our economy, the middle market is often largely ignored and under served by the popular media, educators, and lawmakers.
Seeing a lack of recognition for leaders in this sector, in 2009, the Alliance of M&A Advisors (The Alliance) instituted the Middle Market Thought Leader of the Year award to honor individuals in the Private Middle Market Financial Community who create and advocate new ideas that add value to the marketplace, through the publication of works that promote research and higher standards of excellence. Furthermore, these contributions add to the body of knowledge serving as a solid foundation for The Alliance’s education and credentialing programs.
*National Center for the Middle Market, Fisher College of Business, Ohio State University
Previous Award Winners