The Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org Up to 36 CPE hours can be awarded for the CM&AA Program.
CM&AA Member Requirements:
AM&AA membership in good standing is required to earn and hold CM&AA® certification and to participate in the mandatory continuing professional education (CPE) and development activities needed to maintain the certification.
Upon receiving the initial CM&AA® certification, each additional year period thereafter, the CM&AA® holder must:
- Maintain membership in AM&AA by paying annual dues of $495 and completing the Recertification & CPE Compliance Report.
- Pay an annual CM&AA® continuation fee of $50 which will be billed in conjunction with the annual membership dues. CM&AA® continuation fee may be subject to revision.
- Earn a minimum of 16 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits each year (at least 12 of which are from AM&AA events/programs) through participation in approved activities such as the following educational experiences:
- Attend sessions at AM&AA semi-annual conferences (1 credit per each 1-hour session)
- Present as Speaker/Panelist Member at a AM&AA conference (6 credits)
- Teach CM&AA course. (6 credits per each 1-hour of session)
- Present a Webinar Session (6 credits)
- Participate in a Webinar Session (1 credit per each 1-hour of session)
- Serve as AM&AA Committee Member – Membership, Conference, Chapter, Certification, International (not all inclusive)
- Contribute to a AM&AA Newsletter (3 credits per newsletter)
- Attend a Chapter Meeting (3 credits)
- Lead Subject Matter Expert (SME) for AM&AA University Course (16 credits for 4-hour course; 32 credits for a 8-hour course)
- Contributing Subject Matter Expert (SME) for AM&AA University Course (8 credits for 4-hour course; 16 credits for 8-hour course)
- CPE credits can be also be earned from recognized industry courses/seminars and certification through: (not all inclusive)
- ABA – American Bar Association
- AICPA – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- ASA – American Society of Appraisers
- CBA – Certified Business Appraiser
- CBI – Certified Business Intermediary
- CEPA – Certified Exit Planning Advisor
- CFP – Certified Financial Planner
- CMC – Certified Management Consultant
- CPA – Certified Professional Accountant
- CTP – Certified Treasury Professional
- CVA - Certified Valuation Analyst
- Local Bar Association(s)
- NACVA – National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- NASBA – National Association of State Board of Accountancy
- Alliance Executive Committee may waive certain continuing education requirements under special circumstances.
- All CM&AA's should understand that notifying Alliance headquarters of activities for CE credit lies solely with them. Appropriate proof of completion of each activity must be submitted to the Association's headquarters to earn credit.